Hungry and shaky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulfate

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Hi all. This last week i have felt very hungry and shaky between meals on most days. It has been half term so I have been off work so my routine has been different and meal times too. What can I do to prevent this and why would I feel like this?

Hi all. This last week i have felt very hungry and shaky between meals on most days. It has been half term so I have been off work so my routine has been different and meal times too. What can I do to prevent this and why would I feel like this?
Difficult to give a precise response without more information, but if you are eating low carb and feel hungry the obvious answer is to eat - preferably something warm and nourishing. Scrambled eggs and cheese with a tomato has been a useful swift option.
You might need more food than you are eating - so many people push the idea that not enough to eat is a good thing which is crazy if you actually think about it.
You might perhaps be cutting back on carb too quickly and getting false hypos due to a sudden alteration in glucose levels, so perhaps analysing what you are eating would be the place to start finding out what is going on.

Difficult to give a precise response without more information, but if you are eating low carb and feel hungry the obvious answer is to eat - preferably something warm and nourishing. Scrambled eggs and cheese with a tomato has been a useful swift option.
You might need more food than you are eating - so many people push the idea that not enough to eat is a good thing which is crazy if you actually think about it.
You might perhaps be cutting back on carb too quickly and getting false hypos due to a sudden alteration in glucose levels, so perhaps analysing what you are eating would be the place to start finding out what is going on.
Could it possibly be having a week of too many carbs ?I have been eating out for lunches etc far more than usual?

Could it possibly be having a week of too many carbs ?I have been eating out for lunches etc far more than usual?
If you've improved your response to insulin and eat a high carb food - sandwiches for lunch perhaps, or pastry of some kind then that response is not implausible. One reason I avoid grain these days is how I feel soon afterwards.

Polyphagia (Intense Hunger) is a common sign of high blood sugars. Do you test and see what sort of level you are?

Polyphagia (Intense Hunger) is a common sign of high blood sugars. Do you test and see what sort of level you are?
Thanks I will do a test before I eat tonight. Its not been a good week for carbs :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back