humulin m3

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynn 1512

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
my usage has surged over the last 3 months from 40 to 52 am and 12 to 30 pm. have spoken to docs etc and they can't see why. any suggestions and is this very high?

I presume the reason your useage has increased is that you decided to take more. So what made you decide to take more now when you were previously happy with your doses?

It isn’t unusual for insulin needs to change over the course of the year, as insulin sensitivity changes (which can happen with changes in temperature).

Of course with M3 (an mixed insulin) a proportion of the dose will be dealing with the food you are eating. Do you have a guideline carb count for each meal to attempt to balance your meals with your insulin doses.

Do you keep track of the total carbohydrate contents of your meals and any snacks you have?

If you haven't done so before, it might be worth sending photos of your ✻insulin/BG diary✻ to your HCP

my usage has surged over the last 3 months from 40 to 52 am and 12 to 30 pm. have spoken to docs etc and they can't see why. any suggestions and is this very high?

Are you varying your injection sites? Sometimes if a site is over-used, it can affect absorption so you need more insulin to get the same result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back