Is this too much ?
What is too much ?

Happy Easter
I take Humulin M3 twice per day .
I take 70 units each time .
Is this too much ?
What is too much ?
Too much is whatever dose gives you blood sugars below 4.0

Cheers inka . So technically I keep on increasing until I get to my desired reading

Cheers inka . So technically I keep on increasing until I get to my desired reading

In theory, yes. However, if you’re currently eating lots of carbs (not saying you are) then you could carefully try to reduce those (very cautiously) rather than increase your insulin. How are your blood sugars?

Not at the moment.

It would be useful to count them per meal. Not just in case you want to very gradually reduce them, but also so you know, and can tell your nurse, how many carbs your insulin is dealing with. It will also help you stick to regular carb amounts for meals to reduce the risk of too low or much higher blood sugars.

If you would like to give us an idea of what you currently eat for a typical breakfast, lunch and evening meal and any snacks, we can perhaps help you understand carb counting, if you are unsure of it.

Adding to the comments from other posters it's important to have some idea of your daily average carb intake as it's better to keep the carbs under control rather than keep increasing insulin as insulin resistance and weight gain can result. You possibly need to have a max of 150gm/carb per day so use that as a rough guide

I have got an app re calories etc . I will need to look at the carbs as well
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back