Humble Pie

Status
Not open for further replies.

happydog

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have been taking SGLT2 tablets for 2 1/2 weeks now. I was extremely hesitant but I have to confess that my blood glucose, which was all over the place, and rising, is back within normal limits. I can hardly believe it. It has been so quick. Even my dawn phenomenon seems to have improved. I had tried everything, additional exercise, even not having any food for a day and nothing had changed it and it was slowly but surely creeping up. So I have to eat a huge slice of humble pie. I will have an HbA1c in November and I am hoping that this will be better too. I feel well and although I was warned that I would need to get up several times each night to go to the bathroom, it has not happened. The DN who was always so negative has also left the practice. I don't know who will take over but he/she cannot be worse lol. I am a much happier bunny. :D. Thank you to everyone on this forum who helped to persuade me to give these tablets a try.

That's brilliant to hear @happydog. How much carb is there in humble pie LOL? That DN was way too aggressive. It's hard when things change, and s/he could have been SOOOO much more supportive and understanding, especially with everything else you've been through. Fingers crossed the new DN is much more empathetic.

Last edited:
So very pleased you are feeling better and your levels have improved (and that nurse has gone 🙄. Do make sure to cut the crusts off that big piece of pie to limit the damage to your BG. 😉 You might like to half it with me actually as I too was a sceptic.

I too was very reluctant to take these tablets, but agreed to try after a long conversation with my GP. This was about 2 - 3 months ago. I have also had rising blood glucose in spite of dietary changes etc. I do not have the numbers yet, but the HbA1c I had last week was “normal”, which is the first time in a couple of years! I also feel so much better in myself. So good luck with your ownHbA1c test…I’m sure you will be pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back