Humalog Kwikpen vs Tempo pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mully23

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi - ive been using Humalog kwikpen for years and suddenly been given Admelog by the pharmacist, i used the advice i found on DiabetesUK to request that Humalog Lispro is added to my prescription instead of just ‘Lispro’
So i called my doctors up and asked him to add the name Humalog to my prescription and after checking the app I order my insulin on, he has added Humalog Tempo pen.
Does anybody know the difference between the Kwikpen and Tempo? Is it the same insulin and just a different pen. Ive done searches and havent found anything.
Honestly its so frustrating as there seems to be a lack of GPs, lack of appointments and this evening on a phone appointment I couldnt understand the Dr andvhe couldnt understand me. Sorry for my rant!
Thank you in advance!

Hi - ive been using Humalog kwikpen for years and suddenly been given Admelog by the pharmacist, i used the advice i found on DiabetesUK to request that Humalog Lispro is added to my prescription instead of just ‘Lispro’
So i called my doctors up and asked him to add the name Humalog to my prescription and after checking the app I order my insulin on, he has added Humalog Tempo pen.
Does anybody know the difference between the Kwikpen and Tempo? Is it the same insulin and just a different pen. Ive done searches and havent found anything.
Honestly its so frustrating as there seems to be a lack of GPs, lack of appointments and this evening on a phone appointment I couldnt understand the Dr andvhe couldnt understand me. Sorry for my rant!
Thank you in advance!
The Tempo pen seems to be an updated version of the Kwikpen, which has the option to add a Smart button to transmit information to an app.
See here, for the Patient Information leaflet, the bit about the Smart feature is in 3. How to use Humalog Tempo Pen. In all other respects, it’s the same as the Kwikpen.

The Tempo pen seems to be an updated version of the Kwikpen, which has the option to add a Smart button to transmit information to an app.
See here, for the Patient Information leaflet, the bit about the Smart feature is in 3. How to use Humalog Tempo Pen. In all other respects, it’s the same as the Kwikpen.
Thank you for your reply, if its the same insulin as the Kwikpen im happy and can now relax! Cheers again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back