Huge Thank you from a Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bristol*Emma

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
10 weeks ago I posted in a state of shock having just been diagnosed with T2 and (as I later found out a A1c reading of 108).

With thanks to all of you, I've changed my diet, started testing and to navigate this new world. I know that Rice OK in small doses, Wagon Wheels a complete no-no and I can still have the occasional drink.

The side effects of metformin have settled down and although my weight loss has stalled my diet is a lot healthier than it was.

Today I had my 3 month check up and my A1c is down to 45. I can't believe it.

That's a brilliant drop, Emma - well done. Keep doing what you're doing and maybe you'll be able to come off the meds, after which, under the current definition, you would only have to stay below 48 for 3 months to be classed as being in remission.

Keep us posted.

Last edited:
10 weeks ago I posted in a state of shock having just been diagnosed with T2 and (as I later found out a A1c reading of 108).

With thanks to all of you, I've changed my diet, started testing and to navigate this new world. I know that Rice OK in small doses, Wagon Wheels a complete no-no and I can still have the occasional drink.

The side effects of metformin have settled down and although my weight loss has stalled my diet is a lot healthier than it was.

Today I had my 3 month check up and my A1c is down to 45. I can't believe it.
well done .

Well done Emma :D you're on the right path so keep following it...

Well done @Bristol*Emma that’s a brilliant result, you must be so pleased! Have you achieved it by cutting down carbs and just generally improving your diet? Pleased that you’re getting on well with metformin, not sure how much you take, but with a bit of luck that might get reduced in the future! Think you deserve a celebratory treat!!

Many, many CONGRATULATIONS!! That is a massive achievement and I hope your GP/Nurse were suitably impressed and gave you a big pat on the back. You have every reason to be incredibly proud of yourself. I will raise a small glass of something to you and your success later in the evening. To your "Continued Good Health... Cheers!
WELL DONE!

Wow @Bristol*Emma - that’s absolutely spectacular!

Very well done indeed

1695319599014.gif

Your GP / nurse must have been amazed!

Last edited:
Well done on your latest result!! You must be very pleased. This forum is great isn’t it? I’ve had a lot of support from my GP practice but I’ve definitely learned the most about T2 and low carb from this forum.

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

For people who asked, I have been low caring but not overly strictly. I aim for about 90g a day. Mostly from fruit but also oats in the morning and the occasional slice of bread or a rice cake.

For me the big differences comes when (1) I started testing, that gave me the confidence to reintroduce things like rice to my fiet. To understand my natural rhythm, for example Spikes in the morning and to understand the impact of exercise.

And (2) be very careful about what I read on line and where I get advice. This partly goes back to the testing and making sure I understand how I respond to things and not make assumptions.

And asking 100s of questions here

Thank you again

Well done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back