Hows Everyone Doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello, I thought I would give you all a little update since I am now 11 months into the journey. I am pleased to say that 90% of the time I am doing well and within the acceptable levels. I can tell when I am going too high and have reached the peak and am starting to come down again, but am very conscientious about going too low so am probably over anxious but I got accepted for the Libre 2 pretty quickly so that was a gamechanger.

I changed my job as well as (due to matters not under my control) that was causing me stress but my new employers were brilliant from the interview onwards and actively encourage me to take breaks, check my levels and go for walks. It does help that we are on the 4th floor so it doesn't take much to lower my levels if I need to! The alternative is an expensive wander down the middle aisle of the local Lidl!!
My weight loss has now stabilised as I have got better with the food choices and everyone remarks how amazing I look - and are then embarrassed when I explain that I have T1 so I just tell them its not a recommended diet and thank them anyway!

Thanks for your update @MimB

And nice to see you again @louloulou - hope you are keeping well 🙂

Doing pretty good to be honest 🙂

I had my latest HbA1c from the docs yesterday and it was 49. In January, when I was first diagnosed T2 it was 96!! It’s fair to say I’m quite chuffed.

Doing pretty good to be honest 🙂

I had my latest HbA1c from the docs yesterday and it was 49. In January, when I was first diagnosed T2 it was 96!! It’s fair to say I’m quite chuffed.
Brilliant, well done. Whatever you have been doing has paid off.

Brilliant, well done. Whatever you have been doing has paid off.
Low carb diet, calorie counting because I have weight to lose, sitagliptin meds and being scared enough to take my health seriously for once 🙄

I've had a terrible on/off relationship with food for many years but since 2019 and into the 'covid' period, I totally lost the plot and paid the price.

It sounds silly but being told I had T2 was possibly the best thing that could have happened as it's kicked me up the backside and made me realise I don't actually want to die yet or have all the complications that come with out of control T2. I have to say, this forum has been fantastic for advice :D

It sounds silly but being told I had T2 was possibly the best thing that could have happened as it's kicked me up the backside and made me realise I don't actually want to die yet or have all the complications that come with out of control T2. I have to say, this forum has been fantastic for advice :D

So pleased you’ve been able to turn your diagnosis into something so positive @Deb_l 🙂

Congrats on the terrific A1c reduction 🙂

Thanks for your update @MimB

And nice to see you again @louloulou - hope you are keeping well 🙂
I am doing really well thank you 2 years off insulin now and diet control not on any medication now the really stuggle for me been covid 5 times lucky having covid first time was really bad but im here and thankful Louise hope you ok

Hello @louloulou ,

I am okay, how is everything with you?
I am doing really well thank you 2 years off insulin now and diet control not on any medication now the really struggle for me been covid 5 times lucky having COVID first time was really bad but im here and thankful Louise hope you ok

Really sorry to hear that you have had Covid so many times.... at least you should have a full arsenal of antibodies now, so your body will be well placed to deal with it promptly in the future..... and I think we have to accept that it is here to stay and will be circulating within the population on a regular basis.
As regards your diabetes management, you have done absolutely amazingly and particularly so, when also battling through so many Covid infections.
A huge "WELL DONE" to you! What an achievement!

Doing good, been on my travels & had some great weather whilst away, strange how you come back more tired than before you went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back