How to recognize if your dog has diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The family pet is typically a beloved and cherished member of the family, one whom no one wants to see succumb to sickness or illness. But just like their human counterparts, pets can get sick, and it might surprise some pet owners to learn their pets aren't immune to diseases most commonly associated with human beings.

One such disease is diabetes, which is a common disease in dogs regardless of breed. Just like with human beings, diabetes in dogs does not discriminate. However, females with the disease outnumber males by three to one, and Golden Retrievers, German Shepherds, Miniature Schnauzers, Keeshonden and Poodles have the highest incidence of diabetes.

http://www.ellwoodcityledger.com/pe...cle_756bc7de-5915-5620-82d7-03385761606d.html

When I was first diagnosed a chap at work said his dog has been diagnosed 12 months earlier and every morning he had to chase her round the garden with a saucer to catch some of her pee in a saucer to test!

We both laughed and said at least I didn't have to do that - could catch my pee a lot easier!

She was a Cavalier King Charles ISTR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back