How to lower a stubborn fingerprick reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny105

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Recently it was suggested that I can be less strict with my Diabetes type 2 regime as the Hb reading was lowish according to the DN nurse. 2 weeks in I tried a pancake at a farm show. It produced a finerprick reading of 14.1. Since then Ive been unable to get the reading below 8.8 , usually 10 . something. Ive tried low carb foods but this isnt working . Any suggestions the best foods to try. And does the heat make a difference to blood content readings . Thanks

The heat does make a difference. None food things that help lower BG are exercise (walking is good) and plenty of fluids. Otherwise it’s just about reducing your carbs. Meat, fish, cheese, etc are all carb free so green salads and those are good in this heat.

Why does the nurse think 44 is too low? I don't understand that.

I find that a brisk walk brings my BG down to the low 4s and sometimes high 3s. As I eat low carb food, it doesn't get very high in the first place. I'm not sure I'd go out and eat pancake, although I did have half a scone and a sausage roll the other day.

Thanks for the info Sods law . The reading dropped to 7 , 21/2 hrs after a low carb lunch of chicken , homemade coleslaw. Lo cal jelly with Alpro no sugars. Brekkie - egg on Liv Life toast . Im back where i should be 😎

My D N says up to 55 for me. My friend is told the same -different GP. The reason might be that our diabetic readings came from norm to diabetic within a few months. We R both around 5 ft. Weight under 8 st. I walk everyday with my dog for an hour and sometimes swim .
Also I quickly came down from 96 to 38 AbH in 6m. Anyway I m told to up my carbs and try out foods.

The pancake was useful experiment in that it was very BIG I always suspected white flour is difficult for me . So it was a worthwhile experiment . White flour must be minimal. BUT I know how to bring the readings down when it happens again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back