• Please Remember: Members are only permitted to share their own experiences. Members are not qualified to give medical advice. Additionally, everyone manages their health differently. Please be respectful of other people's opinions about their own diabetes management.

how many carbs

delta

hi all having spag bol tonight and not sure how to workout the carbs for the spaghetti as the back its as dry weight and i weighed it after i cooked it my son had 250 grams. the way i normally work out carbs is weight of food divided by 100 X the carb content of food per 100 gram which is 79 but this makes 179 carbs that cant be right must be around 45grams or somthing:confused:

hi all having spag bol tonight and not sure how to workout the carbs for the spaghetti as the back its as dry weight and i weighed it after i cooked it my son had 250 grams. the way i normally work out carbs is weight of food divided by 100 X the carb content of food per 100 gram which is 79 but this makes 179 carbs that cant be right must be around 45grams or somthing:confused:

maybe a bit late now, but a good book is collins gem carb counter.

for spaghetti, cooked weight (pasta almost doubles in weight when cooked) 100grams dried, 21g of carbs,

fresh egg pasta spaghetti 100g 21.4 g of carbs

wholemeal dried, 19.5 g of carbs

So i would work this out as approx 52.5g of carbs

hope this helps you :)

Back