How low is low

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile4loubie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
For me at the moment I get Hypo symptoms from anywhere between 4-6 but I know this is only because my body is used to being high.

How low is low for you?

For me at the moment I get Hypo symptoms from anywhere between 4-6 but I know this is only because my body is used to being high.

How low is low for you?

I'm the same as you. Our bodies need time to learn that between 4 and 6 is good. I'm assured that will happen in time, now all I have to do is get myself down to that sort of level without the Gliclazide. You only need to do something about it if you go below 4.

Wish i knew but have seen alot on here say 4 is thought upon as hypo.

Below 4 is treated by most as a hypo. Personally I treat anything under 3.5 as a hypo (dafne rules) but my target is 4.5-7.5 so if I was under that (and it's a while until I'm due to eat) I'll probably eat something to bring me up. I tend to feel it once I get below 4, but when my control wasn't so good I'd feel hypo type symptoms in the 5s.

Hiya

For someone with diabetes, 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 1/2 🙂 anything 4 mmol or under is considered a hypo. You will get to know what you need to take for a hypo. For example if Jessica is 3.5 to 4 then 1/2 can of small coke is fine but anything under whole can and if down in the 2's possible even more.

I know that 4 to 6 has been mentioned as a goal but take baby steps. If you are high a lot of the time (over 10) then make your goal 4 mmol to 10 mmol. Once you have generally achieved that bring that 10 down to 8 etc etc.

Your body will then be feeling the under 4's rather and 5 and 6's.

🙂

I'm going to be taking it slow just fed up of feeling hypo at good levels lol! Just wondered when everyone else felt low

My control is pretty tight and I don't really start to get the symptoms until I am around 3.2 or below. I was 2.8 the other day without noticing. although once the symptoms come I really feel them!

I feel them well in advance. usually do anyway. and if I go hypo during the night I wake up 90% of the time.

It's below 4, as I understand it, Lou. However, I totally feel for you about the feeling hypo at higher levels. I know when I was coming down after DX, I had some really strange times feeling hypo at 6's and 7's. I'm led to understand that when you get a stronger pattern of in-range scores, you won't feel like that as much. Of course, YDMV 😉

When first diagnosed, i felt hypo at 5 or below. The symptoms then were sweating, shaking feeling confused and unable to concentrate etc..
Now i've had type 1 many years and my control is tight, i only really get symptoms at below 2.5 and the symptoms are much harder to spot. Sometimes the only way i can be sure is to test.

I turn really nasty when hypo. poor hubby2b im sure its putting him off marrying me haha!!
I'm snappy shouty angry shaky sweaty unable to concentrate or do what I should do lol not a good Loubie!

Ditto!

But to late for my hubby - he married me already! Don't always get like that mind - sometimes I am all pathetic and floppy! I have been down to 0.5 without realising and brought round by ambulance men! Yeh ha! The joys of diabetes!

I turn really nasty when hypo. poor hubby2b im sure its putting him off marrying me haha!!
I'm snappy shouty angry shaky sweaty unable to concentrate or do what I should do lol not a good Loubie!

lol Admin!!.. He's fine really but it would put me off marrying me!!!

But to late for my hubby - he married me already! Don't always get like that mind - sometimes I am all pathetic and floppy! I have been down to 0.5 without realising and brought round by ambulance men! Yeh ha! The joys of diabetes!

0.5???? Blimey O'Reilly!😱

Yeah they put up with almost as much as us!! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back