How low is low on a bg meter????

Status
Not open for further replies.

gail2

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
When the paramedics etc were here the other week at one point they tested my bg and thou the hypo haze I cam remember them saying it was giving a reading of low. What is a reading of low on a bg meter. wots the minimum reading on meter before it reads low
cheers
gail

I think if I remember rightly it's something like 1.1mmom/ml

I was just going to say the same - can't find my instruction book at the moment. I think it might vary slightly from meter to meter. I think High is anything above 35 mmol/l

Mine shows 1.0 but no lower, then it just says LO, High is over 30.0 i think HI. xx

I have an Accu-chek Aviva Nano and it has shown a 0.7mmol and a 31mmol without any hi or low mark. I feel both were errors as I felt fine with both. The 0.7mmol was after it had just come out of a very cold car so may IMHO was an error and 31mmol was an error that Roche took the meter in for testing.

Marc

1.0 is the lowest my freestyle lite goes but it only goeas as high as 27.7, strange place to stop.............

Optium Xceed is 1.1, then reads LO.

Don't know what HI is but I've had more than one in the past few years 😱

Rob

I have just looked at my meter the accu chek Aviva's manual and it reads (Measuring Range 0.6 to 33.3 mmol/l). The Accu chek Nano reads the same.

I haven't as yet plumbed the depths or scanned the heights on my Freestyle Lite. Lowest I've managed so far is 1.7 and that was quite low enough thank you very much. Highest has been 22.3. I'd read the manual... if I could find it.😱

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back