How long to be able to re-use sites that have tissued up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merryterry

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have recently had to move sites on my stomach to lower down on stomach ( trousers down ) because the sites had stopped working after many years. Not wishing to lower truserd in Restaurants etc, how long do you think it will take to regain these sites? :D

My dsn told me 6 months.

I was told give it a minimum of 6 months. Could use your arms if you don’t want to take your trousers off in restaurants?

When jabbing in restaurants personally I always used my midriff bulge above my skirt or trousers waistband - my stomach is an always was, below the waistband, but there's always a limited amount of it available by just shoving the waistband a bit lower, esp in a restaurant but come on! How many times a day do you eat in a restaurant?

(This weekend, twice a day for me cos we happened to be away from home in an hotel but we were trying to work out how many years ago we last stayed in one and won't have been for 5 years at the least)

I have used my sides and back for infusion sites since I started on an insulin pump (because I overused my abdomen on MDI).

Could you find usable spaces on your sides / lovehandles?

Plus as the weather warms, if you wear shorts your thighs become available from the knee end 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back