How long have you been low?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawtalent

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Have you ever had one of those days when for seemingly inexplicable reasons, your sugar levels go so low for a very long time? Today was one of those days.
I went to work at 8.45 and had to be with a client at 9.30 but by 9.15 i was feeling low and a test revealed 1.3! and only 15 minutes to go. I drink a few large mouthfuls of lucozade and eat 3 buscuits. I bluff my way through the client meet concious of time. By 10.15 i'm able to test again; 2.1! More carbs.
For the rest of the day i have no readings higher than 6. It just seems whatever i do today i can't get my levels up. But tomorrow i know i'll have roughly the same breakfast and the same thing won't happen.
I'm assuming this happens to others but can anyone really explain this phenomenon when i haven't changed any of my dose, carbs, exercise,stress etc....I'd rather be low than high but it's very inconvenient and makes me feel totally knackered. Goodnight!
Ian

I hope you feel better and had a better days. Everyone gets days when things are not quite right or are lousy for one reason or another, there is no reason. Diabetes is not an exact science.

I have days where I run very low...which is wierd. The other day I couldn't get my levels above 5 all morning and afternoon with constant 2's, 3's and even a 1.4 😱 then they shot right up to 15 after dinner :(

diabetes is wierd like that...

Thanks guys, i mean ladies, sorry. The thing that always worries me about days like that is getting caught out so bad that whoever i'm with doesn't know what on earth is going on. It's never happened to me yet but i know it could one day. I often go to appointments/ meetings alone and you can't be expaining to everyone you meet about your diabetes.
Lets hope i'm lucky. But i can't help feeling as i get older it's more likely 'cause i have more of a tendency to 'take things for granted'. Some days i even feel like i want to have a game with my diabetes and 'call it's bluff'. That's nothing to be proud of - just a sad fact when your feeling a bit fed up!
Anyway, much better today. Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back