How long did it take to get your pump? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlieann94

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hey all,

So, I decided to go for the Medtronic 780g and I was wondering if anyone could shed light on how long it takes to actually receive your pump? I had my meeting for the paperwork side of things on Wednesday and she just said it could take a while, I ask if it would be longer than 6 months and she said no but didn't say anything else!

Thanks so much

Charlie

Hey all,

So, I decided to go for the Medtronic 780g and I was wondering if anyone could shed light on how long it takes to actually receive your pump? I had my meeting for the paperwork side of things on Wednesday and she just said it could take a while, I ask if it would be longer than 6 months and she said no but didn't say anything else!

Thanks so much

Charlie
How long is a piece of string? 🙂

I tend to agree with @Pumper_Sue
It depends upon your CCG ordering/approval process.
It depends upon the manufacturer's availability.
It depends whether the pump training will be done one to one or whether they wait for a group to start at the same time
Like most things diabetes related it probably depends on the colour of your socks.

I think my pump start was a couple of months after approval and I had Christmas in between. But, I was told to expect 3 or 4 months.

I think mine took about 3 months but it was a long time ago so can’t remember for sure. As well as obtaining the pump, they had to arrange for my pump training, which was one-to-one in my own home. Not so many people had pumps then!

4 or 5 months for me - but that was in 2010 ish. What my lot used to do was save up the new pump applications until they had X number, then submit them en bloc to the CCG, then they had to get round to agreeing the funding and tell the clinic they agreed and when they would get the funds so the hospital could order them. Think they still have to individually agree the funding for renewals too.

Wouldn't be like the NHS to make anything a simple process, would it?

Took me about 4 months, but that was due to the fact that there was no one in post in the financial section of the hospital who was senior enough to sign off the funding agreement.

I had to wait until there were enough of us for the training to go ahead. For my 780 that was a wait of one month, perhaps made easier as we did the training online. I think it was just lucky timing for me, and the pump was new in UK at that time.

I look forward to hearing how you get on With the 780. I found the switch from my old workhorse of a pump difficult but we now get on very well with each other, and the support available from Medtronic is excellent. Any questions just ask.

I had a right royal battle for my pump, in the end I funded the consumables myself after a lovely gentleman in the USA sent me an almost new pump (Cozmo) In all it took me 5 years to get the funding from start to finish with a lot of unprofessional bitching from the DSN and consultant at the nameless hospital. After the funding was approved I had the same battle every 4 years for a replacement pump. MY GP at the time told the CCG that the DSN concerned in the last battle was a vindictive little madame and totally unprofessional 😱 CCG instructed me to see another consultant at a different hospital expecting the pump to be removed at he told them point blank I was entitled to pump and had always been from day one.

Not had any problems since, under a lovely team who can be contacted when ever patients wish. So touch wood been hassle free with renewals for the last 8 years and long may it continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back