How long did it take for you to get your pump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesley1978

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all,

I'm new here, have done a write up in the intro's page where you can read a lot more about me.

Anyway, I have been referred to start the process for applying for a pump and I have my initial appointment on the 10th August. I am very excited but I am also scared that I might not get accepted for the pump.

I know it is probably going to take a while but how long did it take for you from when you initially got referred for those of you who are on a pump?

Lesley x

Hi,

My sons consultant has just applied for funding for a pump - 2 weeks ago - so we are just waiting for the PCT to say yes.

It really depends on whether you fit the criteria for a pump.Does your consultant think you would benefit from a pump?Can you carb count? This is vital or they wont let you have a pump. I dont think its just a question of the funding -i think they take into account how commited you are to achieving good control as the pump initially takes a lot more effort. It will also depend on your hba1c and how much effort you have put into being on MDI.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on at the appointment!:DBev

is everyone movin onto a pump these days?? lol i will be the only one left on my 4 times a day injections 😛

well I'm hoping to move to a pump but only at the beginning of the line at the moment. That's why I'm interested to see how long everyone had to wait for theirs.

Lesley x

Me too (well, 3 a day!) - I don't like the idea of having something attached to me 24 hours a day so the pump's just not for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back