How is your metabollic age calcuated on composition scales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny65

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I am 57 and my scales at the start of my weight loss journey said I am 64, I am now slightly younger at 63. My son who is 33 has a metabolic age of 25, just wondering how this is calculated, is it to do with muscle mass, or fat percentage or a combination and how accurate is it. I would love my metabolic age to match my real age, or even lower just wondered how that happens and what I can do to lower it.

I am 57 and my scales at the start of my weight loss journey said I am 64, I am now slightly younger at 63. My son who is 33 has a metabolic age of 25, just wondering how this is calculated, is it to do with muscle mass, or fat percentage or a combination and how accurate is it. I would love my metabolic age to match my real age, or even lower just wondered how that happens and what I can do to lower it.

There appear to be lots of ways of doing this:

I've just been onto a calculator site and apparently my metabolic age is 41, despite being 63 and looking at least 73 :rofl::rofl::rofl: Afraid I can't take that seriously! I think the main thing is how you feel in yourself @Jenny65. You've done so well and achieved so much, I wouldn't worry about your metabolic age. Rejoice in your achievements instead x

I have an app on my phone for my scales, I have no idea what it all means. Heres mine

Attachments

• 7E426895-7EB4-490E-BE5B-E98029F3E5A9.png
    7E426895-7EB4-490E-BE5B-E98029F3E5A9.png
    90 KB · Views: 6
I have an app on my phone for my scales, I have no idea what it all means. Heres mine
wow! Your stats are so good, your body fat is so low at 15% I am ashamed to say that although my visceral fat has gone from 16 to 10, my body fat total is 41% My body seems to be flatly refusing to let go of the fat! (started at 49 though so it has come down some) I can only dream of your results. I have been doing the ribbon around the waist measuring for the last few weeks and so far cut off 2 inches from that area so its going down but just below my waist my belly still sits as if it has no intention of leaving anytime soon. Its soft and squidgy so can be kept under control by wearing control pants, I will one day get a tummy tuck but have 2 more stone to lose first. 🙂

Thab
wow! Your stats are so good, your body fat is so low at 15% I am ashamed to say that although my visceral fat has gone from 16 to 10, my body fat total is 41% My body seems to be flatly refusing to let go of the fat! (started at 49 though so it has come down some) I can only dream of your results. I have been doing the ribbon around the waist measuring for the last few weeks and so far cut off 2 inches from that area so its going down but just below my waist my belly still sits as if it has no intention of leaving anytime soon. Its soft and squidgy so can be kept under control by wearing control pants, I will one day get a tummy tuck but have 2 more stone to lose first. 🙂
Thanks Jenny, I’m actually trying to put a bit more on. At one point I was 112 lbs. I looked like an extra from the walking dead! I’d like to be 130lbs so a decent size 10 then I will be happy… until I find something else to not be happy with about myself :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back