How do they treat diabetic neurothopy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taffyboyslim

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Is it a case of treating the diabetes causing it by diet and medication or is there specific diabetic neurothapy medication ?

Tingling and numbness is my main problem

Is it a case of treating the diabetes causing it by diet and medication or is there specific diabetic neurothapy medication ?

Tingling and numbness is my main problem
I think there are treatments that can be used but what is appropriate depends on the cause. But in any event trying to maintain good blood glucose levels will help. If you Google diabetic neuropathy beware of quack remedies they you may see suggested but there may be things that could help you but a proper diagnosis would be a first step.
Compression socks may help with blood flow.

I think there are treatments that can be used but what is appropriate depends on the cause. But in any event trying to maintain good blood glucose levels will help. If you Google diabetic neuropathy beware of quack remedies they you may see suggested but there may be things that could help you but a proper diagnosis would be a first step.
Compression socks may help with blood flow.

As it happens was driving into town to do some shopping and a old friend who is a gp wished me a happy Xmas so I thought I would ask him and he said exactly what you said , getting glucose levels down with exercise and medication is the key !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back