How can I get a Libre 2 sensor in Barcelona?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom37

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Updated my libre app last night and it decided to completely stop working on phone, applied a dexcom g7 which I had an a back up instead and now this won’t pair with my phone after several hours! Finally managed to get the libre app re installed and working but now I have no new libre sensor to scan as I’m travelling for the weekend and had 10 days left on my libre which I was wearing before the update , only had the dexcom for back up and now that’s not working so I’ve used up both and have no cgm after the first day

Anyone know how I might be able to get a libre 2 in Barcelona at short notice!

Someone recently posted that they found them for sale over the counter at pharmacies in France, so I would imagine the same may apply to Spain.

If you’ve still got the libre on you should still be able to scan it. If you removed then either use fingerpricks or see if pharmacies sell sensors.

What a nightmare @Tom37

Not sure if @Michael12421 (who lives in Spain) or @Bloden (who is there intermittently) knows of any Pharmacy chains / supermarkets that are likely to have Libre 2 sensors for sale over the counter?

If you’ve still got the libre on you should still be able to scan it. If you removed then either use fingerpricks or see if pharmacies sell sensors.
@Lucyr annoyingly I removed it when the libre app was having a meltdown as I thought it might be interfering with the dexcom connecting, turns out the dexcom just doesn’t work.

What a nightmare @Tom37

Not sure if @Michael12421 (who lives in Spain) or @Bloden (who is there intermittently) knows of any Pharmacy chains / supermarkets that are likely to have Libre 2 sensors for sale over the counter?
No, sorry. 😳 I used to buy my Libre (1) sensors when I lived in Spain (pre-2018) from Abbott's Spanish website. Be aware, you'd be buying the Spanish sensors (which read in mg/dL), not the UK version (mmol/L). I don't know if this would be a problem with your mobile phone. Good luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back