hospital visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinw

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hi everyone been a while since i poster holidays etc Had my vivit to see my consultant today great news my fig where 7 .1 which he said is good,so its a couple of beers tonight my wieght has gone up so im looking to go low carb is it sort of like the atkins as i did that a few years ago and lost wieght also does this affect your cholestrel as thats to high and he said I need to take medication.I just wanted to share this
colinw

hi everyone been a while since i poster holidays etc Had my vivit to see my consultant today great news my fig where 7 .1 which he said is good,so its a couple of beers tonight my wieght has gone up so im looking to go low carb is it sort of like the atkins as i did that a few years ago and lost wieght also does this affect your cholestrel as thats to high and he said I need to take medication.I just wanted to share this
colinw

Hi Colin , welcome back to the forum 🙂 I am a Low Carber and I have very low cholesterol , it is a myth that Low Carbing highers your levels . I dont actually do the Atkins diet but have adapted the fact that I extreme Low Carb to my own needs and food preferences . It has also lowered my glucose readings and the amount of Insulin I need to take daily . I think the Aktins diet is quite hard to maintain for any length of time so is more of a quick fix rather than a way of life and new eating habits in the long term. We do have a Low Carb thread and a few Low Carbers about on the forum if you need any help or advice , dont hesitate to ask.:D

Great result, I bet you are really really pleased. Well done on the weight as well.

You can get your cholesterol down by eating certain types of foods ie oily fish etc. I lowered mine that way (though it wasn't mega high so didn't need tablets) and it worked.

seven one, excellent score🙂! Keep it up, and enjoy the "few" beers!

hi Colin nice to see your back on the forum , great on the numbers and the weight keep it going well done x

Hi Colin...

Great HbAc1.....7.1....Excellent...:D..Keep up the good work

Heidi
xx🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back