Hospital Appointment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin62

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi All
I have an appointment with the Diabetes consultant and his team at my local hospital tomorrow. Will have to write down my list of questions before I go as I will probably forget something important , then remember it on the way home.

If you have your phone with you, you could ask to record the session in case you forget the answers or, like me, can’t read your handwriting.

Hope the session goes well and you get some answers.
Maybe you could take them some of your cake to “butter them up” 😉

If you have your phone with you, you could ask to record the session in case you forget the answers or, like me, can’t read your handwriting.

Hope the session goes well and you get some answers.
Maybe you could take them some of your cake to “butter them up” 😉
Ooh there's a thought, swap cake for a glucose monitor prescription

Ooh there's a thought, swap cake for a glucose monitor prescription
If you mean a CGM or Libre then no bribes are needed now as NICE says we should be prescribed them. 🙂

If you mean a CGM or Libre then no bribes are needed now as NICE says we should be prescribed them. 🙂
If there was an optomistic emoji, I would post it.
NICE don’t say we should be prescribed CGMs: they offer guidance that it might be a good idea if a CCG can suddenly find the budget.
When NICE published the previous guidelines saying we should probably have Libre if we finger prick more than 10 times a day (and other criteria), it took my CCG more than 6 months to find the funding and set up the bureaucracy.
I was told the only way I could get a rtCGM is if I get pregnant. I decided that was going a bit far and only a temporary (less than 9 month) solution.

If you don't mind sharing, what list of questions did you put together?
Hi , as I was switched to a basal / bolus regime during lockdown , I didn't have any proper training re carb counting , insulin to carb ratios etc , so I just needed to check with them whether I was doing it all correctly. I didn't have to ask for the Libre , they just asked me if I wanted one. Of course I said yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back