hospital appointment

Status
Not open for further replies.

grahams mum

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
hi i had a call from the hospital to change graham app. i was fuming this is the fifth times they change the same app. i am going to do a written complaint next week did anybody had the same problem? Especially when is a child app. you have to tell the school take holiday and everything change (5times😡!!!!!!!!)

oOooO no that is scandelous grahams mum no wonder your fuming i would be the same, dont they understand all then forward planning you have to make especially as you say you have to ok it with the school. they should be ashamed of themselves im sure they would be kicking up a fuss if you had cancelled on them 5 times, good luck with it all xx

That is awful Daniela, especially when it concerns someone of Graham's age. You should ask fr an explanation of all the appointment changes and ask for a firm commitment that the next one will go ahead as planned. Graham is growing and developing all the time and it is important that they assess him regularly. Last year they moved my appointment from July to October, which made me angry, but it is less of a problem for an adult. Let us know how things go.

I was diagnosed with diabetes at the age of three and im below 18. i learned to live with it but i still feel bad because iv always wanted to join the army. I hope ure son doesnt have to go through what i went through.

I agree with Northener, try to find out why the appointments have been changed, might make it easier when you know the reason. Can you go and see your DSN instead whilst you are waiting? That way any concerns can be dealt with sooner rather than waiting.

to make it clear last year (october appointment ) has been change 3 times !!!!Then i complaint to the consultant secretary and the reception office

I was diagnosed with diabetes at the age of three and im below 18. i learned to live with it but i still feel bad because iv always wanted to join the army. I hope ure son doesnt have to go through what i went through.

my partner was in the army when he was young and he said thhat the only best things about diabetes is that he cant join the army because he thinks you waist your life especially now that you have to go to those places(iraq etc)

the app is tomorrow i am ready with my written complained text to leave at the PALS service at the hospital

Calling the PALS service seems like the best option. Well done. I didn't think they could do that five times...i thought after 3 cancellations they had to keep the appointment. Maybe that's just surgery...still, that's terrible and will reflect badly on your hospital's performance target. Is your hospital a Foundation Trust yet? If not i can see why...if they are the hospital has a body of governers from outside the hospital as well as from wihin and you could find a patient representative and take up the case with him.
Blimey the ammount of fuss i've had after i missed a hospital appointment after they told me the wrong day and never sent a reminder or confirmation letter...and i work in the same damned hospital!!!
That's terrible, if PALs doesn't work, write to the chief executive.

the last change was on the mobile nothe thursday afternoon so i dont have any paper to show but i kept the call on my mobile

You and me both mate. RMAS here I don't come.

hi tom are you in brighton now or eastbourne can you come to theJDRFwalk the 7 of march in bexhill?

hi tom are you in brighton now or eastbourne can you come to theJDRFwalk the 7 of march in bexhill?

I'd love to do that. Could you please PM me the details? I'm happy to say hello to yourself and Graham if you'd like an inside view on living with the D as a teenager and student.

Tom

Why is it the one day I am in Brighton with about 3000 flipping brownies you are all coming to Bexhill !!!!! I wanted to meet you too Tom but I'm not around that day, typical.

Daniela

I need a copy of your written complaint if that is ok. Can you do me one and email it over please or I'll come pick it up. We want as many as we can get. Can you get Jo to do one, if she will of course.

The hospital Daniela is talking about is next to useless. It is my local hospital and I have not ever come across a bunch of inadequate medical professionals ever and I've met hundreds, seriously it is that bad.

Since I have arrived in this area, just over two years ago, and met others who have seen the great care we get in London, over 10 so far have transferred out of the area and a small group of us are fighting the PCT to get some sort of better care. Its not going well though but we will be stepping up a gear soon.

hi guys i went to the PALS office today before the appointment and the lady said tht is umbelieveble is a bit to much she never seen so many cancellation for a child then i told the consultant that i made formal complain t then she wanted to see the dates and she could not understand why 2 app. were cancelled because she was working the problem is she is not the one who makes the app. but is the app. ofice for outpatient then i rplay if it was me cancelling 5 times i would not have a space in that hospital anymore. the PALS office will give an answer next week.And guess graham hbac1. it was 9.5 thank god is gone down how much????? is your turn now !:D:D😛

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back