Honey Discovered That Kills All Bacteria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
AUSTRALIAN researchers have been astonished to discover a cure-all right under their noses ? a honey sold in health food shops as a natural medicine.

Far from being an obscure health food with dubious healing qualities, new research has shown the honey kills every type of bacteria scientists have thrown at it, including the antibiotic-resistant ?superbugs? plaguing hospitals and killing patients around the world.

Some bacteria have become resistant to every commonly prescribed antibacterial drug. But scientists found that Manuka honey, as it is known in New Zealand, or jelly bush honey, as it is known in Australia, killed every bacteria or pathogen it was tested on.

http://beforeitsnews.com/health/2012/10/honey-discovered-that-kills-all-bacteria-2451716.html

Some UK hospitals already use it on eg diabetic leg ulcers.

I know a T2 who had been having to nurse his dad at home (grrrrrr) with Alzheimers and took his eye off the ball for far too long, he has neuropathy from that and was in damger of losing one foot. Well they saved the foot but he lost at least 1, maybe 2 toes.

He was away from home - ISTR in Yorkshire somewhere - when he was in so much pain someone insisted he go to A&E and they admitted him there and then when they heard he lived alone and no rellies.

You couldn't say he was exactly lucky - but by God was he lucky for it to happen there?

Marvellous stuff.

I always used this Manuka honey on my toast, I had to stop using it because of the cost, it is tested before being exported from New Zealand and has different medicinal strengths listed on the jar by this +5, +10, +15, +20. the higher the number the more expensive, I was paying ?10 for a jar.They also now make a cream from it to spread on skin complaints.
Not sure why they have only just discovered it, I was told by a N. Zealand pen pal about 6 years ago about it and found it in Tesco Supermarket as well as health food shops.

Last edited:
They's a bit slow off the mark with that finding. It's been known for years to have healing powers.
Going back 10 years and more it's been used as a poltice for hoof infections in horses.

They's a bit slow off the mark with that finding. It's been known for years to have healing powers.
Going back 10 years and more it's been used as a poltice for hoof infections in horses.

Ironic that the website is called 'beforeitsnews'! 🙄

Since gathering news articles for the forum I've come to realise that there is an awful lot of 'news' which is just being constantly rehashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back