Home Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

martindt1606

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Just received a welcome pack from Animas for the pump which I am scheduled to start on on the 15th. In the pack it says you should add the pump to the home contents insurance based on a value of ?3200. More Than have said this will cost an additional premium of ?40 per year. Is this in line with what others are paying?

Which pump have you got for that price? 😱

I paid ?13 extra for my pump ins

I can't remember exactly but I think it was there or thereabouts ?25 maybe? I'd have to look it up... (and I think mine was on for ?3000 too). Due to the value I had to add it as a named item (the girl on the phone had all sorts of bother trying to understand what it was!) In the end it went on as 'medical device' I think.

I can't remember exactly but I think it was there or thereabouts ?25 maybe? I'd have to look it up... (and I think mine was on for ?3000 too). Due to the value I had to add it as a named item (the girl on the phone had all sorts of bother trying to understand what it was!) In the end it went on as 'medical device' I think.

I think mine went on as hearing aid in the end as it was the best fit of the categories that were available. I made sure the actual description stated what it was though. My medtronic is on for ?3,000 but I am not sure how much extra the premium was.

The girl I talked to put me on hold three times - i assume she was looking for help. The best part of the process was when she asked if the pump would remain indoors..............should I be housebound?

Which pump have you got for that price? 😱

I paid ?13 extra for my pump ins

Its the Animas 2020, welcome letter said value was ?2,600 plus 20% VAT. Seems wrong that you have to pay VAT on an Insulin Pump.

Its the Animas 2020, welcome letter said value was ?2,600 plus 20% VAT. Seems wrong that you have to pay VAT on an Insulin Pump.

Hi Martin,
you don't pay VAT if you buy the pump yourself. If your PCT buys the pump and consumables they pay VAT and claim it back. But you yourself do not pay VAT. 🙂 (Been there worn the T shirt)

pump Insurance

Hey, I am using my pump for 3 weeks now - u'll love it!!!
I rang up my home insurance company - Allianz - and they said it was ?16 per yr. I thought that great as works out just over ?1 per month and pump valued at ?2,800. I didnt even have to send any paperwork to prove value + i have to say it was a very easy converstion setting up. Gud luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back