Holiday

Status
Not open for further replies.

RWJ

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Well I'm off to Northern Spain tomorrow with family for two weeks. Bit nervous as always, but have plenty of supplies I hope. Always worried about the heat, it's forecast minimum 22 degrees and day time 30 - 32 degrees. Any mega tips appreciated.

Can't give you any tips I'm afraid RWJ - but have a brilliant time!

Don't suppose I really need to tell you but make sure you carry plenty of stuff to treat hypos as the extreme heat can speed up insulin absorption making you more likely to hypo.

Apart from that hope you have a great holiday!

like PhilT said. I went to lincolnshire on hols last week and temps were up that high & I hypoed about 3 times a day =( drink lots of water too but thats just cause of the heat never mind the diabetes lol.
Hope you have a great time!!!
xx

Thanks all. Just got to do my packing now! OH has done hers and sons, I prefer to do my own! Speak to you all soon x

Hope you have a great time Ron :D No tips from me - haven't been further than Yorkshire since diagnosis!

Well I'm off to Northern Spain tomorrow with family for two weeks. Bit nervous as always, but have plenty of supplies I hope. Always worried about the heat, it's forecast minimum 22 degrees and day time 30 - 32 degrees. Any mega tips appreciated.

hi remember you can buy everything on the counter in the pharmacy in spain i dont know about glucagon so if you need anything keep the receipt so you can have the money back in uk have fun

Thanks all, gonna log out now and finish packing then head for airport.
Northener, I'm North Yorkshire born and bred so you going only as far as there is not a bad thing, only work has taken me to Scotland! Spain is mainly for the boy and OH - Yorkshire would do me!! Regards, will be strange not logging in for two weeks x

Enjoy your holiday, but remember bottled water is safer than tap water. Are you taking any wee stix to make sure you get diet drinks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back