Holiday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joy193

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I’m off to Australia and New Zealand for 10 weeks. Any suggestions on how to carry all my required insulin and keep it cool on 25 hour flight and doing road trips. Thanks.

Hi,
For our trip to Mexico I am getting one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/FRIO-Medic...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Not had one before but I know others here have used them and the reviews speak for themselves. They are cool for minimum of 48 hours.

There’s different sizes and maybe you could get 2.

Thinking of getting myself a large one, enough for my pens and back up insulin’s. But we will have a fridge in the hotel room so I only need to think about the journey there/back and any trips out

Hi, I’m off to Australia and New Zealand for 10 weeks. Any suggestions on how to carry all my required insulin and keep it cool on 25 hour flight and doing road trips. Thanks.
Hello @Joy193,

Thank you so much for sharing your trip! It sounds amazing and I am slightly jealous. Below is a link to some valuable information regarding traveling while managing your diabetes.

Also, I added a link to our range of cooling bags for insulin below:

25 hours out of the fridge is not likely to be an issue as long as you keep the insulin insulated - e.g. wrapped in a jumper in your hand luggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back