Holiday!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahb83

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just back from 2 weeks in Orlando - 1st holiday I’ve had since I was diagnosed with type 2 in September 2021 first time back to Orlando since 2018 - and I have to say I’ve had the best holiday of my life to my shock it got to 48degrees and I coped with it really really well the difference between 2018 and 2022 being 7st lighter is like night and day the ease with which I could move around even in the heat was fab and I’m assuming down to my improved fitness levels which I started working on after I was diagnosed. This is the first time as a adult that I’ve been ok with having my pic taken my husband and daughter are overjoyed that we have some family pics with me in them aswell. Downside - I’ve put 7lb on in 2 weeks BUT I’m happy refreshed and ready to get stuck back in tomorrow and get it back off as quick as I can

Attachments

• 8D975866-55BA-44FD-8D7A-328869F4AE0E.jpeg
    8D975866-55BA-44FD-8D7A-328869F4AE0E.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 34
Brilliant.
You should be really proud of yourself!
(I give myself wriggle room, just rein it in and bit, and "boom" it's gone again 🙂 )
Life's about enjoying it.

So pleased you had a wonderful time and felt more energized and confident. You are more than capable of losing that weight again, so don't stress about it, just get back on the wagon for a few weeks and it will be gone.
I know you were anxious about this holiday but it sounds like you have really relaxed and taken it in your stride which is just exactly what you needed to do.
Well done and just want to say you look fab! XX

Just back from 2 weeks in Orlando - 1st holiday I’ve had since I was diagnosed with type 2 in September 2021 first time back to Orlando since 2018 - and I have to say I’ve had the best holiday of my life to my shock it got to 48degrees and I coped with it really really well the difference between 2018 and 2022 being 7st lighter is like night and day the ease with which I could move around even in the heat was fab and I’m assuming down to my improved fitness levels which I started working on after I was diagnosed. This is the first time as a adult that I’ve been ok with having my pic taken my husband and daughter are overjoyed that we have some family pics with me in them aswell. Downside - I’ve put 7lb on in 2 weeks BUT I’m happy refreshed and ready to get stuck back in tomorrow and get it back off as quick as I can
So well done you look great! That 7lb soon be off remember the feeling you have now if you feel tempted

So pleased you had a wonderful time and felt more energized and confident. You are more than capable of losing that weight again, so don't stress about it, just get back on the wagon for a few weeks and it will be gone.
I know you were anxious about this holiday but it sounds like you have really relaxed and taken it in your stride which is just exactly what you needed to do.
Well done and just want to say you look fab! XX
It’s taken me quite a while to get here but I feel like a different person and I know that I need to lose the gained weight again as part of me maintaining my healthy hba1c I feel so much better now and I want to keep feeling like this. I’m starting to accept I can only do what I can do I can’t control everything I can watch my carb intake and keep my weight within range and just hope that that keeps my diabetes in check, so that I can stay as healthy as possible. Constantly panicking about the what ifs was consuming me, no one can predict the future we can only control the things within our power like my diet and my exercise levels and choosing to try to be a bit more optimistic

You really have come through an amazing journey both weigh wise, mentally and health wise and made such massive progress in a relatively short space of time, so you have every reason to be very optimistic, but of course the journey continues and life will probably throw other obstacles in your path occasionally which may make things more challenging again. You must not lose sight of the fabulous achievement you have carved out through sheer hard work and determination as that knowledge should give you the confidence to work through any new challenges. You family must be so thrilled and proud of you and very rightly so.

Great job, you certainly have the right mindset, I had been much the same (I still have my moments!) but you're right, life is for living, so we should live it and enjoy every minute!

So pleased for you...😉

What a lovely post... sounds like you had the perfect time. Did you go to WDW? reason I am asking, I am off there in September with my daughter. If so how did you get on eating within the parks? I plan on taking some snacks with us, so if anyone has any idea what the best snacks I could take, would appreciate it.

What a lovely post... sounds like you had the perfect time. Did you go to WDW? reason I am asking, I am off there in September with my daughter. If so how did you get on eating within the parks? I plan on taking some snacks with us, so if anyone has any idea what the best snacks I could take, would appreciate it.
Are you on a specific diet?
I usually just eat whatever is on offer.
Although I find the waffles and pancakes
loaded with sugar and syrup are too sweet for my taste now to be fair.

Hiya! I was really really worried about this I was making myself Ill with the worry over it but when I was there I just ate what I thought was the best option from a bunch of not particularly good - because I rarely eat anything cake/biscuit/ice cream/ potato/pasta/bread related in my everyday life I just ate what I wanted while on holiday and now I’m back to my normal diet and happy to be so the 2 week treat was great but it’s even better to be eating my normal foods. Oooooo another thing was in the parks the snack treats as they call them were HUGE so I shared one with my husband or daughter that kind of helps a bit to and if something had sugar on top I just didn’t go near it because I was worried about the sugar/carb content before putting even more on top x

Hiya! I was really really worried about this I was making myself Ill with the worry over it but when I was there I just ate what I thought was the best option from a bunch of not particularly good - because I rarely eat anything cake/biscuit/ice cream/ potato/pasta/bread related in my everyday life I just ate what I wanted while on holiday and now I’m back to my normal diet and happy to be so the 2 week treat was great but it’s even better to be eating my normal foods. Oooooo another thing was in the parks the snack treats as they call them were HUGE so I shared one with my husband or daughter that kind of helps a bit to and if something had sugar on top I just didn’t go near it because I was worried about the sugar/carb content before putting even more on top x
Sounds like what I do. 🙂

Are you on a specific diet?
I usually just eat whatever is on offer.
Although I find the waffles and pancakes
loaded with sugar and syrup are too sweet for my taste now to be fair.
Just trying to eat the right things... I know from going to Florida 3 years ago the portions are huge and very sugary sweet. Will definitely be sharing meals with my daughter. We are also going on a Disney cruise, my Diabetic nurse said that will be a lot easier! Will definitely be having a couple of treats, and with the amount of walking we will be doing, hopefully that will help.

Just trying to eat the right things... I know from going to Florida 3 years ago the portions are huge and very sugary sweet. Will definitely be sharing meals with my daughter. We are also going on a Disney cruise, my Diabetic nurse said that will be a lot easier! Will definitely be having a couple of treats, and with the amount of walking we will be doing, hopefully that will help.
We averaged 30,000 a day and it was 48 degrees lol

Fantastic result! Well done Sarah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back