Holiday Insurance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubyloo

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Evening Everyone,

I am trying to get some Holiday Insurance, I got a quote last week & was quoted an extra ?10 for being T1 Diabetic, today the same company is trying to charge me ?22.75 extra! My answer to all the medical questions were ok so I don't understand this! Can anyone recommend any companies to try?
I have tried M & S but too expensive, Debenhams are the company charging the top up!

Thanks in advance
Dx

Hi i got mine with swinton for 15.50 for a week in spain, DUK were charging 33 for the same thing.

I phoned loads of insurance companies to find the best deal, and it turned out that Swinton was by far and away the best; they quoted the best price and charged no extra for the diabetes. However, I am Type 2 with no complications, so that may make a difference. But it's worth checking them out.

xx

how long are you going for? i got mine with a company called PJ Hayman - i paid ?100 for an annual policy which covered me for trips up to 90 days long, anywhere in the world. that was back in 2007 but they might offer something similar now, depending on what you need. i can dig out their website/email if you want me to?

I phoned loads of insurance companies to find the best deal, and it turned out that Swinton was by far and away the best; they quoted the best price and charged no extra for the diabetes. However, I am Type 2 with no complications, so that may make a difference. But it's worth checking them out.

xx

No being type 1 means no complications with Swinton 🙂

Thanks guys,
I will try Swinton tomorrow....I'm off to Dominican Republic for 2 weeks in May. I need a family policy (2 Adts & 2 Kids) I wonder if it would be cheaper to do one for my OH & kids & a seperate one for me???? I will ring around & let you know how I get on!

Dx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back