Holiday in London

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordburnside

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
He/Him
I hope this may be of some interest. I went to London for 9 days - a sort of walking holiday. All meals were eaten at a pub, restaurant or cafe. I rather indulged in liquid refreshment mainly expensive lagers at £7 a go - London is expensive. I am pleased to say I have returned at the same weight as I left. This seems to be down to walking 70 miles and not eating 9 full English breakfasts. I only ate 3! The other breakfasts were cups of fruit and salmon and egg mayo baguette per Pret a Manger. I only ate two meals a day as I was trying to make up for the excessive lager intake. If you walk 8 miles a day you need to sit down and that is invariably in a cafe pub or restaurant. I nice long sit is usually 3 pints!
I avoided sauces (mostly) and my greatest sin was an apple crumble and ice cream which sent the BG into orbit. My monitor tells me i have averaged 7 mmolsl/L for the week which is too high but for an indulgent holiday wasn't too bad.
No alcohol during April and its salads and fish this week. Hope to have another holiday in June funds permitting. I am sure binge drinking is not a good idea but my liver has had a rest this year.

Glad you enjoyed your holiday

Lots of cafés will do some sort of egg, avocado, smoked salmon type of breakfast. Without toast!

Also if anyone’s in need of a seriously impressive, relatively low carb, breakfast then the veggie Bombay at Dishoom is a decent option. I switch the tofu scramble to eggs though as that’s what I prefer. Eschewing the bread this barely moves my BG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back