Hol6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome @66wendy 🙂 Are you on any medication for your diabetes? Is it dietary advice you’re after or general travel advice?

General advice and tips, I take metformin
I’m not sure I can help with general advice on cruises having never been on one. Make sure you’re back on time from excursions then they don’t leave you behind I guess?

Hi yeah I take metformin and I'm looking for general advice and tips on staying well

Cruises are rather notorious for food poisoning outbreaks, so I’d bear that in mind and be extra-cautious. Lots of handwashing and sensible precautions.

I'd hope not as it's 5 star

Hopefully you’ll be fine then but I’d still have it in the back of my head and be careful. I think the issue is that any stomach bug can spread quickly round a ship.

Foodwise you should have a great choice so should be able to find plenty to eat that works for your diabetes.

Mainly, enjoy yourself and make use of all the great onboard facilities. It should be lovely. Relatives of mine went on a major cruise ship and had a fabulous time 🙂

Thanks for the advice, I'm always particular about washing hands etc. I'll bear this in mind with bugs going around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back