Hiya just be again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbemcc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
So dinner time before food bg was 6.1
2 hours later 9.3
I only had chicken. Have I maybe eat to much.
Or is that still in the ok range seems a lot for chicken x
Ty

It does seem a big more of an increase than one would expect, was the chicken in a sauce or in breadcrumbs for example.
How much chicken did you have, glucose will be produced from the protein if you had no carbs with it.
People who take insulin have to take account of the protein if they have very few carbs in the meal.

Hello again @Anbemcc

How have things been going?

Are you about 6 months into your diabetes now? Have you tried skipping meals entirely and seeing whether your BG stays stable, or rises? Just wondering whether your BG rise was related to the chicken, or would have happened anyway?

It does seem a big more of an increase than one would expect, was the chicken in a sauce or in breadcrumbs for example.
How much chicken did you have, glucose will be produced from the protein if you had no carbs with it.
People who take insulin have to take account of the protein if they have very few carbs in the meal.
Hiya that's what I though, it was plain chicken breast. I had 350 in raw weight. Maybe to much.

Hello again @Anbemcc

How have things been going?

Are you about 6 months into your diabetes now? Have you tried skipping meals entirely and seeing whether your BG stays stable, or rises? Just wondering whether your BG rise was related to the chicken, or would have happened anyway?
Hiya
I'm doing well, still learning as I go, I'm trying to prioritise protien, my nxt blood check is March, haven't had 1 since Sept. I'm hoping for good results, I've also lost nearly 3 stone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back