Hip hip hooray yipee exstacy and all that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caroline Wilson

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Got in tonight to find a letter from my doctor, now you all better sit down for this WE HAVE A DSN at my doctors surgery as an EXPERIMENT and do I want to see her.

Of course I want to bloody see her, after trying to get proper diabetic support wahtever way I can. I'm on the phone tomorrow until I get an appointment and work can go whistle. I'll post to let everyone know how I get on.😱

Terrific news Caroline! I hope she's (he's?) as good as the ones I've seen, they really have been excellent! Hurrah!🙂

great news caroline now it is my turn next i hope ,3 month in and no care team at all im still i dot on there system im at my wits end now but nobody seem to care much , if i went into a coma tomorrow the tax man be the only to give a flying fig

Good news for you Caroline.

In my short 3 year experience as a diabetic the DSN's are far more knowledgable and give far better advice than the doctors. The one in my surgery is extremely good and very knowledgable and I am at present under a DSN at my diabetic clinic as I have just started injecting lantus.

She has been brilliant to say the least. Every time that she says she is going to ring me to check how the injecting etc is going she has (4 times now in 2 weeks), although she is leaving me on my own now until my next appointment at the beginning of June.

I have only got good things to say about the ones that I have seen 🙂

Good luck and i hope you get the support that you need 🙂

Nurse

I must be really lucky because as soon as i was diagnosed i was introduced to a nurse at my surgery who was the diabetic nurse and then sent on to the hospital to see them when they got my results to say i swas type 1 not 2 but she was amazing from the day of diagnosis and is available every day at my surgery

I got all excited and ahead of myself. I got the letter when I got home from work yesterday. Being a Thursday there is no afternoon or evening surgery, so no chance to phone then. Their list says the office is open from 8am on Friday morning. Been trying to phone for the last 20 minutes and all I'm getting is the bloody automated voice saying ring back later or call another number if it's an emergency. All I want to do is see the DSN!

Right moan over, I'll give them another try...

Finally got through and an appointment for mid day.

Now all I need is the opticians and the dentists to fill the day nicely with and get it all over in one go...

Finally got through and an appointment for mid day.

Now all I need is the opticians and the dentists to fill the day nicely with and get it all over in one go...

Good luck 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back