Higher Readings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynne888

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I mentioned last week that my readings have gone up. I’ve cut back on carbs and lost 2 stone.. my readings have been steady for 9 weeks but all of a sudden they’ve gone higher. I’m using libre 2 (as well as finger pricking for accuracy now and again).. my average glucose reading has gone up from 6.1 to 7.1 in a week.. It’s creeping up every day. It’s still estimating hba1c of 40 but I know it will be higher. I’m eating the same things. I haven’t been ill so it’s not because of an infection, I just cannot fathom why I can’t get my BG back in the 5’s when not eating. It’s sitting at 7.5 - 8 most of the time and stays there throughout the night. It can go up to 10 or 11 after eating which it never has done. I have a lot of pain from arthritis and back issues but as this hasn’t affected the previous readings for over 2 months , I don’t think it would have started to be an issue now. I have deliberately cut back on carbs more the past few days and didn’t have a low sugar snack last night as I usually do but it just refuses to budge!! I’m not sure if it’s normal to have changes like this happen.

anyone know how to delete posts?
Any particular reason why you want to delete it? (Hoping your levels have suddenly come back down again :confused: 🙂)

I think if you are trying to delete the whole thread or your opening post, then I am not sure it is so easy or even possible. Probably better just to say that the matter has been resolved and no further advice is needed or something like that..... but please do let us know how or why if it doesn't compromise you in any way.... Sorry I guess I am probably just being nosey! 🙄

anyone know how to delete posts?
There are Report Edit and Delete options at the bottom of your posts, beneath your signature. I don't think it's possible to delete a thread you started though.

Any particular reason why you want to delete it? (Hoping your levels have suddenly come back down again :confused: 🙂)

I think if you are trying to delete the whole thread or your opening post, then I am not sure it is so easy or even possible. Probably better just to say that the matter has been resolved and no further advice is needed or something like that..... but please do let us know how or why if it doesn't compromise you in any way.... Sorry I guess I am probably just being nosey! 🙄
No, the matter hasn’t been resolved but I cut carbs far more than usual (only had about 40) and I did manage to get numbers down so I came to the realisation that I CAN reduce my readings but eating so few carbs is not sustainable for me long term. I’m hoping that losing more weight will help the situation otherwise it looks like I’ll have to take medication which I was hoping to avoid.

You could report it and ask for the thread to be deleted if you don’t want it to stay up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back