Higher blood sugar in mornings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Docsue

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Do people know why when not eaten a lot the day before why my blood sugar is higher than my normal. Through no fault of my own and staying in a town I don’t know and a hotel that didn’t serve food I ate about 700 calories yesterday. However my fasting BS is 6.9 this morning higher than been for 4 weeks. Have been able to keep between 5-6 so just surprised today. Anyone got any thoughts? :confused:

Do people know why when not eaten a lot the day before why my blood sugar is higher than my normal. Through no fault of my own and staying in a town I don’t know and a hotel that didn’t serve food I ate about 700 calories yesterday. However my fasting BS is 6.9 this morning higher than been for 4 weeks. Have been able to keep between 5-6 so just surprised today. Anyone got any thoughts? :confused:
One of the biggest culprits for higher blood glucose in the morning is the liver. It trickles out glucose 24 hours a day to keep your brain and vital organs ticking over, and in the wee small hours, it starts increasing its efforts towards dawn in case you're a cave man and have to get up and go out hunting /foraging for breakfast. It could be that because you didn’t eat very much yesterday, it felt it had to compensate a bit more, in case no food was forthcoming today!

Thank you that makes sense. I don’t know about cave men but me and the sat NAV have to battle my way out of Sheffield this morning. I didn’t realise I was staying overnight ion a hotel that does not serve food!! So will stop on the way home. Thank you for info I’m going to read more about this…..isn’t the body marvellous at times!

Thank you that makes sense. I don’t know about cave men but me and the sat NAV have to battle my way out of Sheffield this morning. I didn’t realise I was staying overnight ion a hotel that does not serve food!! So will stop on the way home. Thank you for info I’m going to read more about this…..isn’t the body marvellous at times!
If you type 'Dawn Phenomenon' into the search box at the top right of this screen, (clicking the magnifying glass symbol will produce a drop down box) quite a few threads on the subject come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back