everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
Feeling very stupid.

Have been battling high bgs today, at a loss as to what was causing them (though as ever 15 possible causes). Usual correction measures were having little effect, barely holding things level.

Then it struck me... I bet I missed my morning basal.

I even wrote down that I took it, but there was no needle on the pen, and I'm pretty sure I didn't take it off this morning.

Baaaaaaaaaah!

M

Welcome to the club!!! C is only now getting back to good levels after missing her Levemir last Sunday night.😉

Yup. Only done it once or twice in 20 odd years with the big D.

At least I spotted it and was able to work out what it was. Gave half the dose and kept an eye on post-meal readings and things were fine again by the evening.

Just shows me how much basal is a part of your insulin requirements though... My ratios were completely all over the place without it chugging away in the background.

A clear demonstration of the importance of getting your basal dose right. Without it you'll always struggle with the accuracy of your boluses.

Been there, done that, got the T shirt. Last time I missed insulin was after a pasta meal at the weekend I think. I missed the bolus for that. Good job I checked the time of the last bolus on my pump!

Hi Tom

Recently switched to Humalog (so I could get the Memoir pen) for exactly the same reason... So incredibly useful to be able to look back at what you injected and when (as opposed to what you thought you remembered you'd done).

I can't believe there is only one pen device with that function available in the UK at the mo. And that NovoNordisk seem to be in no hurry to launch the Echo here either any time soon :(

Just watched a video about the Memoir pen. Didn't know it existed. It's a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back