Not open for further replies.

Lily123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
Since yesterday my numbers have been going slightly crazy

87FCB377-BB7A-4489-9EBE-3162F00A17AD.png
I have been doing corrections but nothing brings my numbers down except during the night when they stay more in range. Any ideas of what to do?

Since yesterday my numbers have been going slightly crazy

View attachment 19713
I have been doing corrections but nothing brings my numbers down except during the night when they stay more in range. Any ideas of what to do?
Could it being back at school after the holidays. I expect you have a bit of a different routine.

I’m not back until tomorrow but maybe the change of routine will make my numbers go to a more reasonable level?

I certainly wouldn't do any changes to basal after just one day of higher levels much as doing multiple corrections is frustrating. Looks like you had a nasty drop between 1am and 3am. Did you do a correction at bedtime? I sometimes do that particularly when I get frustrated with high levels

Do you not record your insulin and food intake on your Libre or does your phone format just not show it on the graph?

I certainly wouldn't do any changes to basal after just one day of higher levels much as doing multiple corrections is frustrating. Looks like you had a nasty drop between 1am and 3am. Did you do a correction at bedtime? I sometimes do that particularly when I get frustrated with high levels

Do you not record your insulin and food intake on your Libre or does your phone format just not show it on the graph?
I don’t record it on the Libre as I just wouldn’t remember to. I won’t change the basal yet. I did do a correction before bedtime because my number was 14.6 and I seem to be more insulin sensitive at night and the insulin seemed to work straight away as opposed to taking an hour like it usually does

Use a lower correction dose if you’re particularly sensitive at night @Lily123 I am and I cut my dose by half.

Use a lower correction dose if you’re particularly sensitive at night @Lily123 I am and I cut my dose by half.
That’s a good idea! I’ll do less correction if I’m high (I correct anything over 14) tonight

It might be a good idea to start making a habit of recording carbs and insulin on your Libre as evidence for getting a pump, so that it shows the steps you have taken to deal with issues. So for instance, I have quite a few nocturnal hypos on my Libre graphs at the moment but I have recorded when my boluses were taken and that I have reduced my basal insulin prior to those hypos but still suffered them.... It shows that I am doing the best I can to mitigate the problem but it is still happening.

It might be a good idea to start making a habit of recording carbs and insulin on your Libre as evidence for getting a pump, so that it shows the steps you have taken to deal with issues. So for instance, I have quite a few nocturnal hypos on my Libre graphs at the moment but I have recorded when my boluses were taken and that I have reduced my basal insulin prior to those hypos but still suffered them.... It shows that I am doing the best I can to mitigate the problem but it is still happening.
I’ll start recording carbs and insulin on the Libre. I can’t really adjust basal if I’ve done exercise as it’s Tresiba so it takes a few days to make a difference

My levels were quite stable last week when I returned to teaching, which was great as I was a bit worried about the impact of the change to my daily routine after the hols. This weekend, my levels looked almost identical to yours on Saturday and then I had 6 (six!!!) hypos on Sunday!

Back to normal today - 85% in range, averaging 7.1. All good fun isn't it! o_O

I’ve got school tomorrow so hopefully my levels will sort themselves out! My number is down to 5.6 now

Hi Lily, looking at your Libre graph it seems that your glucose level goes up about 4mmol every meal time. As your glucose level was already at the top of your range before eating the only way was up. If you prebolus a little earlier you could wait until your level drops to about 5 or 6 before eating your meal (Use the libre graph). Then you have a better chance of staying in range.

I know that you have also been having creeping hypos at meal times, so yes there is a balancing act. Bash the creeping hypos with glucose, and drag the highs down before eating with extended prebolus.

This might not always be practical and your mum may wag her finger if she thinks you are being fussy, but food for thought.
I was home alone today so there was no issue with whatever time I ate. Tomorrow is back at school so then I can’t prebolus by more than 10 minutes but I’ll try to prebolus when at home

I’ll start recording carbs and insulin on the Libre. I can’t really adjust basal if I’ve done exercise as it’s Tresiba so it takes a few days to make a difference
That was my problem with tresibra.

Although you can’t change it within a certain number of days I find it works for me

Always a balancing act isn’t it. Part of the behaviour of [whatever it is] suits you perfectly, but at other times/in other situations it’s a nightmare!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back