High in the morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruth W

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi ive been recording my glucose levels throughout the day to figure out why its high. Im getting 8-9 in the morning dropping to 6 a couple of hrs after meals. How do i get my fasting/ morning bloods down?

Hi ive been recording my glucose levels throughout the day to figure out why its high. Im getting 8-9 in the morning dropping to 6 a couple of hrs after meals. How do i get my fasting/ morning bloods down?
You may be one of those people who get Foot on the Floor Syndrome so as soon as you get up and potter about your liver releases glucose to prepare the body for activities of the hunt for breakfast. Try testing before you get out of bed as soon as you wake up and see if it makes a difference.
People do find morning readings are the last to come down

The NHS recommends a minimum of 8 hours fasting before a test so how soon after you last had something to eat or drink (other than water) are you testing? For example, I tend not to eat after 9pm and I'm up at 7am most days so I'm regularly testing off the back of a 10-hour fast.
Ussually 12 hrs or more

Sounds like you are doing really well @Ruth W

It’s not uncommon for the first reading of the day to be the last to come down, and some people find it can be quite stubborn.

How long have you been getting those single figure readings during the day?

What are your last readings of the day like? Do you check at bedtime?

If you are curious you might want to take a few bedtime checks, and also set an alarm for 2am or 3am to see how things go overnight for a few days. That is typically around the time when the body’s cortisol release is at its lowest. It would also help you see whether your liver is dumping glucose in the early hours (dawn phenomenon)

Sounds like you are doing really well @Ruth W

It’s not uncommon for the first reading of the day to be the last to come down, and some people find it can be quite stubborn.

How long have you been getting those single figure readings during the day?

What are your last readings of the day like? Do you check at bedtime?

If you are curious you might want to take a few bedtime checks, and also set an alarm for 2am or 3am to see how things go overnight for a few days. That is typically around the time when the body’s cortisol release is at its lowest. It would also help you see whether your liver is dumping glucose in the early hours (dawn phenomenon)
Will try testing at night. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back