High fat food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindiloo

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello would like some
Advice - type 1 diabetic and Controlled well but I haven’t done DAFNE yet and wanted to know - anyone give me help regarding eating high fat food and the affect on blood glucose after 4 hour window with Nova rapid

Are we talking "the pizza effect"? including things like creamy pasta dishes etc. If so, generally people find a split dose works well, so some up front before the meal and the rest an hour or two later. How you split the dose is a question of trial and improvement. Some people do 50/50 and some have less up front and more later, so perhaps 40/60 or 30/70. Again, how long after for injecting the second dose is about experimenting and finding what works for you, for that particular meal.

Are we talking "the pizza effect"? including things like creamy pasta dishes etc. If so, generally people find a split dose works well, so some up front before the meal and the rest an hour or two later. How you split the dose is a question of trial and improvement. Some people do 50/50 and some have less up front and more later, so perhaps 40/60 or 30/70. Again, how long after for injecting the second dose is about experimenting and finding what works for you, for that particular meal.

Exactly what @rebrascora says above, no one answer I'm afraid so its case of experimenting.

Exactly what @rebrascora says above, no one answer I'm afraid so its case of experimenting.
Thanks for advice and help. Still
Learning so much. I had a Christmas sandwich and fries yesterday and I couldn’t get levels down until 11 o’clock last night. So now I’m armed with more knowledge - so I will try again.

Thankyou. I tried it last night and bingo it worked

Thankyou. I tried it last night and bingo it worked

Ah that’s fab @Lindiloo

It‘s amazing how the sharing of experiences and strategies on the forum can work like that - now you have a whole new option in your diabetes toolkit to experiment with meals that misbehave!

See also: Bigger meals where you dip low soon after eating only to rise into the teens hours and hours later when a lot of your dose is wearing off, but the meal still seems to be chugging away.

Ah that’s fab @Lindiloo

It‘s amazing how the sharing of experiences and strategies on the forum can work like that - now you have a whole new option in your diabetes toolkit to experiment with meals that misbehave!

See also: Bigger meals where you dip low soon after eating only to rise into the teens hours and hours later when a lot of your dose is wearing off, but the meal still seems to be chugging away.
Yes I find this as well. Inject correct amount of rapid but drop quick and then in early hours I go high

Yes I find this as well. Inject correct amount of rapid but drop quick and then in early hours I go high

Splitting the dose might be worth considering for those too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back