High blood sugars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peteh

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I am T2 currently injecting twice per day Humulin, I was also injecting Victoza but it has not been possible recently to obtain this, and i am now finding it impossible t get my bs below 16. I have now just started on Mounjaro but still the numbers are high. I just wondered if anyone had any advice or clever ways of reducing it, I am disabled so a brisk walk etc isnt possible

Sorry to hear that @Peteh What kind of Humulin are you taking? There should be a letter or letter and numbers after the word Humulin.

it says kwik pen 100

That’s just the type of pen and the insulin strength. There should be something after the word Humulin. It will be a letter and number, or a letter by itself. It might be in a different colour.

IU/ML cant see anything else

It will be there on the box @Peteh There are different types of Humulin that work in different ways. I’ve found two picture to show you what I mean. See the “i” and the “M3” on the boxes below (one is in the next post due to space)?:

E750324E-6874-44E7-8B1F-0077A2D321D0.jpeg

im told its a short acting and long acting insulin as i have to mix it up by shaking it

You’re looking for the letter or letter and numbers after the word Humulin.

ok, if it’s M3, then that is a mix of fast and slow insulins. They’re mixed in a set proportion so you can’t increase one part of the mix without increasing the other part because the two insulins are mixed together. Sometimes the proportions of the mix don’t suit people because they need a different balance of slow and fast insulin.

I’m Type 1 so don’t know very much at all about Mounjaro. Could it be that you’ve been started on a small dose of Mounjaro which will be gradually increased? That might account for the high sugars. You could phone your nurse and ask for advice, telling them about your high sugars.

The only other thing you could do is look at the amount of carbs you’re eating but you’d have to proceed very cautiously and slowly in reducing them as you don’t want to risk hypos, so I think it would be best to give your nurse a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back