High Blood Sugars and pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

susieq67

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
In November 2020 I had a bad fall and fractured 4 vertebrae - since then I've had 24/7 pain in my back and hip. That is slowly resolving and is now, more or less, at manageable levels. But for the last 3 months I have had a recurrence of trapped radial nerve pain in my left arm/hand. I had an ultra sound guided steroid injection for this at the beginning of December - however the injection didn't work and I am now in more pain than before the injection. I know that both pain and steroids can increase blood glucose levels and mine are now the highest they have ever been since I was first diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in 2014 with waking sugars often being 8 and over (used to be in the 5 - 6 range) and 2 hours after a meal 13+ (used to be 9 or so). Because of the fall exercise is a painful problem !

I'm already on
Metformin (1000mg twice daily)
Gliclazide (80mg morning and 40mg evening)
Dipaglifozin 10mg daily

Is there anything more effective than these that I can ask my Diabetes Nurse about ? I'm due to see her for my next review on 19th January. I think I'm pretty good with my diet - low carbs; 2 slices of bread from a small loaf once a day; the occasional sugar free biscuit; cake or chocolate very rarely; no potatoes or starchy veg; pasta (I'm half Italian !!) once a fortnight (ditto rice); no sugar in drinks etc. Plenty of fresh green veggies and my fruit intake is usually limited to berries, apples, occasional plum and/or apricots. I'm slightly overweight (maybe 3-4 lbs).

Any other suggestions for bringing my sugars down welcome !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back