High blood sugar

Status
Not open for further replies.

gail2

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
my gp has changed me from lantus to another type of insulin due to something that happened. I was on 150 units of lantus a day after wot happened it was changed and i was started on 10 units a day, its been put up every week im now at 45 units a day and im still getting high blood sugars 9(between 15 and the 20s). I now have really bad thrush as well and thats painful (sorry lads). i see my gp again on Thursday am gonna ask him to hike it up by a fair wack i cant go on like this its that or he gets me referred to diabetic clinic asap. Im being very careful in what I eat drink etc in fact im being more careful than i have ever been before Im just so tired of this and wanted to share this gripe with you One bit of good news I dont have any keytones so thats something lol just measured again and its 26 and im drinking liquid like a fish. Sorry rant over

i did not imagine that t 2 could go so high i am thinking about my mother in law i wonder if she test herself

i did not imagine that t 2 could go so high i am thinking about my mother in law i wonder if she test herself

A type 2 can go just as high as a type 1.. i have had 29.8 but I know that I have seen some type 2's even higher.

A type 2 can go just as high as a type 1.. i have had 29.8 but I know that I have seen some type 2's even higher.

yup i have had a 30 before and more then once., hope it goes ok at docs Gail xx

last time i went though a time of high sugars my level was so high it was unreadable i even got a reading of 30 at home ended up in hospital after i saw my gp and he said as soon as i walked in said your breath smells of nail polish.

Hope you get the insulin sorted out - being high will be making you feel very out of sorts! You can buy a tablet for the thrush - you only need 1 and it works in 24 hours. I cant remember the name of it now - but i got it from the pharmacy in tesco and it cost ?5 - it actually works!🙂Bev

Hope you get the insulin sorted out - being high will be making you feel very out of sorts! You can buy a tablet for the thrush - you only need 1 and it works in 24 hours. I cant remember the name of it now - but i got it from the pharmacy in tesco and it cost ?5 - it actually works!🙂Bev

Fluconazole

my bs is down to 17 this morning at least its going in the right direction

Hi Gail - glad the sugars are lower this morning (though still quite high).

Get yourself to you local pharmacy and get something for the thrush. They will be able to advise given all your other meds - and stay away from your friend the full sugar cola (yes I have been reading).

my gp has changed me from lantus to another type of insulin due to something that happened. I was on 150 units of lantus a day after wot happened it was changed and i was started on 10 units a day, its been put up every week im now at 45 units a day and im still getting high blood sugars 9(between 15 and the 20s). I now have really bad thrush as well and thats painful (sorry lads). i see my gp again on Thursday am gonna ask him to hike it up by a fair wack i cant go on like this its that or he gets me referred to diabetic clinic asap. Im being very careful in what I eat drink etc in fact im being more careful than i have ever been before Im just so tired of this and wanted to share this gripe with you One bit of good news I dont have any keytones so thats something lol just measured again and its 26 and im drinking liquid like a fish. Sorry rant over

And a BG of 34.4 earned me a week in hospital a few weeks back. Now have a brand new, almost total, intolerance to most carbs.😱

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back