High blood sugar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I am a type one diabetic and would like to know that if my blood sugar is 10+ after i have had my dinner at 7.00 pm and i still feel hungry what can i eat that doesn't make my b.s. go sky high.

Anything non carb really. Cheese, salad (not things like tomatos or peppers), frankfurter sausages, boiled egg, omelette made without milk, cubes of ham or chicken and any sort of meat that hasnt got honey glaze etc..Or you could just inject and eat something carby!🙂 Just be careful with the cheese as it may slow down the digestion of the food you have eaten 2 hours earlier!🙂Bev

I agree with bev. I don't know how long you've had type 1 but personally i'd have a little more insulin before my meal so i was able to have more carbs then or wait an hour or two till my 'snack time' and have some more carbs then. Depends as well if you are 10 and rising or 10 max and falling.
Do you like fry/grill ups? Try sausage, eggs, bacon (non-smoked),and mushrooms. All with hardly any carbs. Beautiful. Wow, i'm feeling really hungry now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back