High blood glucose readings . Help

CELTICDUFF

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
on many occasions . As much as 19mmols . Two weeks cutting down my reading were fantastic mostly under 9 mmols. And los I. This stone :).
At the weekend I went on a bit of a carb feast , pizza and a puddings etc . On taking my BG has remained high 18. It has been difficult getting get the. BG has remained high despite eating less , in fact I have been eating similar food as I ate previously. And remains high
I hope I one of you could help .
Thank You

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
It's because you reverted to eating high carb food. The ONLY food someone with diabetes has trouble with is carbohydrate, hence if you want to get your blood glucose down and especially if you want or need to lose more weight, reduce carbohydrates permanently - not for just a fortnight.

Docb

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
TW is quite right. Pizza, puddings and pasta would push me straight back into high teens/low twenties and it would take me a while to get it down again. You got to bin them and stick with it if you want to get your BG down and keep it there.

Ljc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well done in the weight loss.
Sweetie this condition is for life , none of us want it , it can be like an unwelcome friend who just wont take the hint and go away, but in time for some of us it’s improve our physical health no end

We all fall off the wagon from time to time , so please don’t berate yourself too much , you are human just like the rest of us and no matter what you read here or elsewhere, none of us are little angels all the time .
it’s the trying to haul yourself back on the wagon it that’s important ! Treat what’s happened as a wake up call also try to work out why you fell off the wagon, ie was it that you were too strict with yourself or bored eating the same old same old.

Go back to basics and reduce those carbs. However it may be that for a time you may need a little more help medication wise if your BG levels don’t start to come down soon arrange to have a chat with your nurse.

Some members here are real innovative cooks who put their luscious Recipes here

CELTICDUFF

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Thank You Ljc I have been in denial for many years . I am back on the wagon . I suppose it’s that forbidden fruit scenario. I suppose it’s the effect that it appears to be happening 2 days later . That surprises my . Possibly naively !

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Thank You Ljc I have been in denial for many years . I am back on the wagon . I suppose it’s that forbidden fruit scenario. I suppose it’s the effect that it appears to be happening 2 days later . That surprises my . Possibly naively !
Everyone falls off the wagon now and then, and it can take time for your body to ‘get over the bruises’. Perhaps find some lower carb treats to have. Pizzas and take away curries are an absolute no no for me. But the odd choc biscuit does get through! Still impact my levels but only a little.

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have come to the conclusion that you have to find a way that works for you as an individual and can maintain most of the time.

KARNAK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello @CELTICDUFF haven`t heard from you lately.
Just wanted to tell you you`ve been missed, your answer to your question from other
members is what you need to follow to get your figures down, your choice.