High at nite

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Last nite tested myself at ten, and my bloods were 10.6, this is very high for me and hardly get this high, i am on breakfast 6ml novarapid, dinner 5ml novarapid, tea 10 ml novarapid and levimar 15 ml, this does seem low amounts of insulin but last time i saw my dsn she said i have still got the honeymoon period.

Is there anything i can do do get my high 10.6 down a bit? ta scott

I'm not an expert as I'm on tablets, so I can't answer, but I hope it is sorted for you soon.

Last nite tested myself at ten, and my bloods were 10.6, this is very high for me and hardly get this high, i am on breakfast 6ml novarapid, dinner 5ml novarapid, tea 10 ml novarapid and levimar 15 ml, this does seem low amounts of insulin but last time i saw my dsn she said i have still got the honeymoon period.

Is there anything i can do do get my high 10.6 down a bit? ta scott

Hi Scott, I'm presuming that your doses of insulin are fixed? If so, then it is really difficult to get consistent levels as you are not really matching insulin to carb intake. I was in a similar position when first diagnosed. Generally, I didn't mind being a bit higher when I went to bed as this lessened the chances of night time hypos. Once I started carb-counting and matching my insulin doses to my meals I managed to achieve much better control.

10.6 isn't hugely high to be going to bed on - what sort of levels do you normally wake to? By the way, your insulin doses are similar to mine. It may be that, as your nurse thinks you are still honeymooning, you are not ready to start adjusting doses yourself - this didn't happen to me.

Do you have your evening meal at the same time each evening? It's quite possible that something in your meal delayed the glucose spike (fat or fibre in the meal can do this). I wouldn't worry too much about it if it is a one-off reading - we all get unexplained highs from time to time as however hard you try, sometimes there is some variable at play that you either didn't take account of or didn't even know about!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back