Hiccups :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoebeC

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Over the past week i have been hiccuping loads, they are not loud but still are annoying me. I have been getting them a few times a day, and not sure why. I dont think its because im pregnant, is it? I know you get more windy 🙂 But hiccups arnt wind? I thought they where a spasm in the lung.

And cures/ thoughts would be great :D

You mostly likely are eating to quickly?. Slow down or eat smaller meals. Take long breaths between bites.Also they may be brought on by sudden excitement or emotional stress.,A temporary swollen stomach caused by overeating or eating too fast, drinking fizzy drinks, or swallowing air.
A sudden change in temperature.

You could try
Sipping ice water. Swallowing granulated sugar. Biting on a lemon or tasting vinegar. Breath holding, breathing fast, or breathing into a paper bag. Gasping after a sudden fright, or sneezing.

Can't add to Steffs suggestions, but my understaning is when the diaphragm (a muscle going from side to side at the base of your rib cage) has a spasm, it causes hiccups because it affects the way you breath.

If you need more ideas or it is causing too many problems, always get advice. As it is the weekend NHS direct is probably the best bet. I hope they clear soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back