Hi!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bramalfie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all I'm Ailsa, new to the forum but not new to Type 2 Diabetes. After keeping everything under control since being diagnosed a few years back I had a call from the nurse at my GP surgery this morning to tell me my latest bloods were back and my HbA1c level had doubled from 50 to 101. I'm going into see her tomorrow but she wants to put me on Trulicity. Anyone have any experience of using this medication?

Hi all I'm Ailsa, new to the forum but not new to Type 2 Diabetes. After keeping everything under control since being diagnosed a few years back I had a call from the nurse at my GP surgery this morning to tell me my latest bloods were back and my HbA1c level had doubled from 50 to 101. I'm going into see her tomorrow but she wants to put me on Trulicity. Anyone have any experience of using this medication?
Hello Alisa,

Thank you so much for joining our online community forum. We have a few members who are on trulicity. I think @everydayupsanddowns may know some.

Hi Alisa, welcome to the forum.
That is an unpleasant surprise for you but it might be useful before your appointment if you can think of anything which might have caused that increase, since you had been well controlled before. Have you changed anything in your diet or exercise levels to account for it as that might help your nurse to suggest measures you can take to bring your levels back down.
Please let us know how you get on.

Hi @bramalfie and welcome

That is a significant jump in your HbA1c, have you noticed an increase in symptoms, weight loss, thirst, urination? I'm just wondering if you may be LADA( Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults) which is slower onset Type 1 in adults and is often misdiagnosed as Type 2. Definitely worth asking about.

These are previous posts by forum members about Trulicity https://forum.diabetes.org.uk/boards/search/53772/?q=trulicity&o=date

Trulicity works by stimulating insulin production in your pancreas. Should you be LADA then your beta cells will already be dwindling and struggling to produce sufficient insulin and Trulicity would speed that process up - please do discuss what has been/is happening to increase your HbA1c if you haven't changed your diet, exercise etc.

I hope your appointment goes well.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum @bramalfie

Sorry to hear about the rapid rise in your HbA1c. Hope you can get to the bottom of what might have caused it.

I think @Totalwar was on Dulaglutide (Trulicity), and may have some experiences to share

Ye
Hi all I'm Ailsa, new to the forum but not new to Type 2 Diabetes. After keeping everything under control since being diagnosed a few years back I had a call from the nurse at my GP surgery this morning to tell me my latest bloods were back and my HbA1c level had doubled from 50 to 101. I'm going into see her tomorrow but she wants to put me on Trulicity. Anyone have any experience of using this medication?I was on it for a while.Gives you a full belly feeling you might not get this on starter dose.
I was on this for a while gives you a feeling of your belly being full so you don’t eat as much as before.You may not get this right off as you be on a starter dose.It’s a once weekly injection into your belly and also reduce your sugar level as well.

was on this for a while gives you a feeling of your belly being full so you don’t eat as much as before.You may not get this right off as you be on a starter dose.It’s a once weekly injection into your belly and also reduce your sugar level as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back