Status
Not open for further replies.

Lally1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi,

I am new to this forum and have finally got to the stage in my diabetes (type 2) that is affecting me getting life cover - hence looking at some help from my diabetic comrades.

Hope someone can help 🙂

Charlotte

What sort of feedback are you getting from your insurance company. I expected issues when I was diagnosed but haven't encountered any at all, even when my HbA1c was really high.

Thank you for replying Deb - I'm just about to have a call with the The Insurance Surgery as Diabetes UK mention them. I am getting a new mortgage and Halifax wont give me life cover as my diabetes in not controlled and I have other medical conditions. Hopefully The Insurance company will help - my HbA1c is at 88 at the moment - I did manage to get it down to 50 a few years ago but I am really struggling to get it down again. I am on the max meds now but am using my house move to really ramp up my efforts to get into remission, which I came so close to a few years ago :0)

That's such a shame. I was midway through my fixed term when I was diagnosed and I did contact my life cover people and they honestly couldn't have cared less about the T2. The travel insurance was the same. They are always more concerned about the Crohn's though and want to know how well that's managed so it could be your other conditions.

I ended up getting a really good quote from The Insurance Surgery today so I'm over the moon - I felt like a lost cause yesterday when Halifax said they wouldn't give me life insurance :rofl: Thank the lord for Diabetes UK as I would have ended up trawling through different companies if I hadn't checked on here first.

Glad it worked well for you @Lally1

It wasn’t something I was aware of, so went looking, and noticed that it’s only a fairly recent partnership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back