Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farm Mom

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
My name is Sarah and I live in Shropshire with my husband and 3 children on our farm.
My eldest is 18 and diagnosed for 2 years . Would love to hear from other with kids same age. In an ideal world would be nice to hear everything is going to be fine.

For first 12 months we carb counted and injected . And was 70% in range most of time but as he has taken on it all himself and it’s now less of a novelty and more of a drudgery of everyday he doesn’t carb count as such and now. To 50% in target but not at all bothered by this. Myself on the other hand is constantly worried and feel like I am obsessed with his sugars. Sorry to go on but I don’t know what to do or think anymore.

Welcome to the forum @Farm Mom

Sorry to hear about your son’s diagnosis :(

It’s quite common to go through a process rather like grieving - which can come in a rather chaotic jumble, and include moments of anger, denial, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. Not necessarily in a neat order!

There’s a PDF here from the Behavioural Diabetes Institute which might give you a few ideas of ways to have more positive conversations about diabetes (and acknowledging how tricky it can be!)

There’s a tweet somewhere from very well known diabetes professor (and NHS England Diabetes lead) Partha Kar about time in range that I will try to find for you as it might help you put the percentages of time in range in a HCPs perspective.

I’ll try to find where it has been posted (I wonder if @Bruce Stephens might know where it is?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back