Hi there...feeling cold REALLY cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lolavegas

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I know the temperature is dropping but I have never been a cold person, always too hot since being diagnosed and having treatment I get spells of suddenly being freezing...its like an internal cold and nothing I do makes me warm. It can happen when I'm in a warm environment.

Freezing cold right now and sitting in a blanket feeling about 174 but my meter reads 6.7 which is brilliant...anyone else get this? Is it related to diabetes or am I just 174 years old all of a sudden!!!

I know the temperature is dropping but I have never been a cold person, always too hot since being diagnosed and having treatment I get spells of suddenly being freezing...its like an internal cold and nothing I do makes me warm. It can happen when I'm in a warm environment.

Freezing cold right now and sitting in a blanket feeling about 174 but my meter reads 6.7 which is brilliant...anyone else get this? Is it related to diabetes or am I just 174 years old all of a sudden!!!

i dont know if its anything to do with the 'D' but im always cold i drive my other half mad with the heating on all the time lol

I know the feeling my feet in the last few days they have been freezing.

Ditto im never ever ever cold but since Wednesday my legs and feet have been cold, i thought it might of been my neuropathy

Same here and I have had a bit of a temperature this week. However today I'm just plain cold and maybe the central heating will have to go on for a while. I'm sitting here in fleecy trousers and top and a fleece jacket.

SInce diagnosis I have been feeling the cold more. Indoors when I am feeling cold I wear fingerless gloves and a blanket, when I'm at work too.

I find plenty of warm drinks (tea, soup, even hot water) all help.

i don't usually feel the cold but last three days i've been freezing especially at work. maybe its time to win the lottery and go to a hot island for the winter🙂

cant wear socks in bed ....but i did when i lived in caithness !

being cold all the time is definitely a part of diabetes, before being diagnosed i walked around in denims and tea shirt, now im never without my fleece, even going to bed i never went under a blanket always slept on top now even in the summer i go to bed wrapped up ,

I've been on top of a mountain in austria and i wasn't cold.
hot weather really affects me but cold not so much.

Not sure if it is the D, always could be but is it really? Anyway I have been forever a warm blooded male, yet the other day at work I was colder than one of the old (not ageist comment honest) guys I work with, I'm hoping it was just an off day for me.

Rossi

Well Rossi, I'm an old one at 71 😱 🙂
But I never feel the cold, I'm always hot, I'm still sleeping with the fan on 😱
I love Winter because I can't stand the hot Summer weather 😎

John

how about mature John??

I know what you mean, I usually can't wear a coat or jumper unless it is proper cold, so do enjoy being outside all day in the cold with a big coat on.

Cheers

Rossi🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back