Hi, Newbie here!!

Deedee0429

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I am 35 and I have Diabetes Type 2. Had it since my 30s. I just found I am 4wks pregnant after having two losses in August last Year and April this year. It’s been hard. I don’t want to put pressure in my body to keep this little bean but we’ve been fraying for the last 7 years. I have two kiddos whom I adore. I am a carer for my disabled daughter who is 9. We’ve always wanted babies but I know I’ve needed it to heal my past and take care of myself.. but the nigggling of having another baby is always there. So here we are. This will be my 6th pregnancy. I had an etopic pregnancy after I had my son on top of that as well! I am just trying to figure out if I get in contact with the midwife straight away as the last time I had insulin or should I wait till about 7 weeks? What would you guys do? Thanks!!

Drummer

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Do you test your blood glucose?
If your results are usually in the normal range then keep testing, but notify the midwife as it could take time for things to be acted upon these days.

Toucan

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello @Deedee0429
Welcome to the forum, and thank you for sharing your good news.
I agree that it may be a good idea to contact the midwife soon, to give as much time as possible to put whatever help and support is available in place and working for you.
I hope that you will keep posting and let us know how it goes, and we will try and help by answering any questions.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Welcome to the forum @Deedee0429

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I would think that getting in contact with your GP surgery and letting them know as soon as you can would be helpful, as it will get you access to additional support.

Were you actively trying to conceive? And had you made any preparations (eg folic acid)?

Hope all goes well with the pregnancy, and you get the support you need :)

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
If you’ve not found it already, this page has some handy pointers

Deedee0429

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Do you test your blood glucose?
If your results are usually in the normal range then keep testing, but notify the midwife as it could take time for things to be acted upon these days.
They have been so far!! But I will thank you! X

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Welcome to the forum @Deedee0429

Congratulations on your pregnancy.
I know that there is additional support available and it is useful to get the help early.
Have a read of the link that Mike has included.

Deedee0429

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
If you’ve not found it already, this page has some handy pointers

Thank you, I’ve read that one last night! I think because I had a miscarriage I been doing more research about it!

Drummer

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2